Join 1,779 other subscribers
Clicker Training Horses
Clicker Training Horses home
- When tricks “out-trick” fear.
- I so wish
- The Wildfire Diaries – Emergency recalls.
- The Wildfire diaries – when the conditions change the horses change.
- The Wildfire Diaries – horse training lessons learned from a crisis
- A QUICK GUIDE TO: Positive Reinforcement
- The Beginning
- Reflections on the Stamford Expo.
- It’s all about shaping
- Are you teaching your horse to brace?
- SHAPING IS AN ARTFORM
- Trained to endure or trained to participate?
Tag Archives: equine clicker training
Are you teaching your horse to brace?
If someone said “We need to scrutinize the effect of every single item we use in our interaction with a horse, whether it be a halter, saddle or bridle,” I would whole-heartedly agree. In fact I would probably expand on … Continue reading
Honoring a choice
I wanted to give another illustration in an attempt to show how giving choice in a situation can radically alter the effectiveness of our training. I was at a Clicker Expo and saw a lecture given by Dr. Sue Friedman, … Continue reading
Changing the mind of your horse
It’s always fascinating for me to watch the moments when a horse makes the shift from thinking that ONE thing makes the human click/treat, to realizing that DIFFERENT things can make the human click/ treat. It’s quite profound really. There … Continue reading